Who says you shouldn’t play with your food? You can make your own candy sushi: it’s fun, easy and tasty too! Check out this list of ingredients and simple instructions:
Things You’ll Need:
- 1 – 1 1/2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 20 Jet-puffed marshmallows
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10 chewy fruit snack sheets (like Fruit by the Foot or Fruit Roll-Ups)
- 40 bite-sized fish-shaped chewy fruit snacks
- Any other decorative candy you’d like to use, like licorice (pull and peel works well) or additional gummies, or strawberry, caramel or chocolate syrup (for sauces).
- Sharp knife
How to Make it:
- Microwave butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 45 sec. or until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1 min. 30 sec. or until marshmallows puff, stirring every 45 sec. until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended. Stir in cereal.
- Unroll fruit snack sheets. Press 3 Tbsp. cereal mixture onto each sheet to within 1/2 inch of edge. Place 4 fish or a few licorice strips down center of each sheet; roll up tightly.
- Cut each roll-up into 4 pieces. Use a sharp knife (carefully!). It helps if you run it under hot water to keep it from getting too sticky (you will get sticky).
- For some real fun, serve with chopsticks and eat it the traditional way!
- Use some strawberry, caramel, or chocolate syrup like soy sauce.
- You can also use stuck-together licorice in place of the fruit roll-up.
- If you don’t want to make Rice Krispies Treats, you can use marshmallow or mini-doughnuts instead.
Want to find out more about how to make your own candy sushi? Click the links below for instructions and/or a YouTube video. Have fun!